Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Football Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Football Question

    Team A scores on the last play of the game making the score 28-27 in favor of Team B. Team A elects to go for two points to win the game, Team A catches a pass for the two, however Pass Interfearance is called on Team A. Team B accepts the penalty, Team A loses the down. However a game can not end on an accepted penalty so am I right in assuming that Team A kicksoff with no time on the clock?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football Question

    No, a game can end on an accepted penalty if the penalty results in loss of down also. Thats one of 3 reasons I believe is all a half is not extended on an accepted penalty.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football Question

    Stripes you are correct.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •